Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nasty Crafted Pocket Hide


Sometimes you just need a new wallet, especially when the one you have is some Chinese "leather" $10 job. I know, I know, you get what you pay for, you don't need to tell me. Here's the problem though, as I'm sure all you out there already know, you can't find a unique, quality wallet! You can look high and low but unless your willing to spend around £50-80/$70-100 you ain't goin' to find shit! Good, high quality, hand made products are worth their weight in gold and I have no problem paying for such top shelf goods, but my now old, shit, Chinese wallet and I can't afford to cough up the scratch that needs to be spent to pay for what my tastes desire...

My past follies of shit purchases aside, the decision was made to have a new wallet hand crafted. Upon spotting quite a unique, one off design, being carried by a friend, I decided what I wanted my wallet to roughly look like. Having a design in my head (and pictures on my phone) for a new pocket hide, and a shit wallet ready to be thrown the fuck out is great. But unless you have the tools and skill to make it all happen, you'll find yourself shit out of luck!! Obviously.

Well this is where it comes in handy to have a friend who just so happens to have the skills and the tools create things out of leather, when you don't possess them yourself. Here's the story, in pictures of the finished product, of my new hand made pocket hide. Thanks to my friend Dave over at Nasty Crafts, with the skills to shatter your existence! Here's to the imagination as well as to the pursuit of all things NOT bought out of a catalog.

If you want to enlist Dave of Nasty Crafts, nasty skills, here's a link for you to follow up with...

www.Nastycrafts.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment